For whom has been this site created?
Our site has been created for true art connoisseurs. It will be comfortable for both sellers and buyers. Sellers are provided with all conditions for the demonstration and sale of authentic ancient or modern works of art, including author's works. Without any risk the buyer may acquire any liked masterpiece for his collection.
How do we differ from other online platforms for art?
The main differences of VeryImportantLot from other similar resources are the following:
■ wide selection of the best items and lots;
■ favorable prices and terms of the transaction;
■ provision of services of a qualified antiques appraiser (on request);
■ updated information about lots and their current status;
■ advanced security of transactions; ■ absolute confidentiality.
Who sells on VeryImportantLot?
There are 3 types of sellers on VeryImportantLot. These are auction houses, antique shops and galleries, as well as contemporary artists, sculptors, photographers. All sellers are pre-checked.
Can I sell on VeryImportantLot as an individual?
No. Individuals cannot put up works of art for sale on the site. The artists who sell original works are the exception.
Does VeryImportantLot buy works of art?
No. Our service does not buy or evaluate works of art. Individuals, who want to sell their collections or certain items, can contact the antique galleries, get their assessment of the item and the opportunity to sell it to the gallery. It is also possible to transfer the item to the commission and sell it through auction. If you are interested in the latter option, please contact us and we will send Your application to the appropriate auction house.
What does the registration give?
By registering, you get the opportunity to put up for sale and buy lots and exhibits, exchange the views with other participants of the online platform, write comments, track price changes, learn useful information about upcoming and previous events from the world of art, such as auctions, exhibitions, fairs and other events related to your works of art.
What type of user should I choose?
The choice depends on whether you want to sell a work of art or buy it. Read the proposed types of users and select the appropriate option while registering:
1. Auction house is a legal organization for the sale of works of art at auctions;
2. Antique shop is a legal organization for the presentation of ancient and modern works of artistic value, with the possibility of their sale;
3. Modern gallery is a legal organization for presentation with the possibility of further sale of works by authors of modern and contemporary art;
4. Artist is a master, specializing in a particular type of applied art (painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, etc.), who wants to present and sell their own works;
5. Buyer / Collector is any participant of the trading platform who wants to buy a favourite lot.
How can I open personal account on "VERY IMPORTANT LOT"?
1. Click the green button "Enter" on the right side of the main menu:
2. You will see a pop-up window to enter your personal account. Click on the button "Register", which is located in the upper left corner of the window:
3. Select the appropriate option for registration. Use the tips from the icon "i":
4. Registration through Social networks. Depending on the type of registration you choose, you will be shown a different interface of registration fields. You can register as an Artist or a Buyer using Social networks. Select one of the Social networks and click on the Icon. Registration will take place automatically and take you directly to your personal account:
5. Registration via E-mail. Type a valid e-mail address and password in the input field. Click "Register". To complete the registration you need to confirm your E-mail. To do this, click on the link with the code in the e-mail received from us:
How can I delete my account?
Send a written request for deletion of account, specifying your full name, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must be sent from the e-mail address that is linked to your account. The account will be deleted within 48 hours without the possibility of recovery, but with the data preservation for 3 months. If you wish to become a member of the trading platform again, you will need to register and open a new account.
How to log in correctly?
To log in to your personal account, use the path chosen during the registration. That is, if you have registered through a social network, log in through it. If you have registered via e-mail, log in by entering the username and password in the appropriate form. This prevents the creation of new private accounts.
What shall I do, if I have forgotten my password?
To get a link for changing your password, click "Forgot password?" in the entry form to the website. In the opened dialog box enter the e-mail specified during the registration and click "Request password change". After a few minutes, check your email and follow the instructions in the message, change your password by clicking on the link.
I can't log in to my account. Error appears "incorrect email or password"?
1. Check the spelling of your E-mail and password.
2. If the error appears again, use the feature "Forgot password?". Click on the green button "Login", which is located in the main menu to the right. In the login window to the right at the bottom click "Forgot your password?". Enter the E-mail with which you have made the registration and click "Request password change". Follow the link that you will receive in the letter, sent to the specified e-mail address. Enter a new password and save it. After changing the password, the used link becomes invalid.
I have been registered as an "Artist", but I cannot exhibit my works. Why?
After registration as an Artist, you should send us an application for the exhibition of author's works:
1. Click on the green tab "My gallery", which is located in your account;
2. Fill in the required fields, including photos of your work and click "Send";
3. After validation You will receive a notification per e-mail about opening of the access to the gallery.
I have sent a request for the exhibition of my works, but have received no notification on my e-mail. Why?
1. If you have been registered through social networks, check whether you have a working e-mail in your personal account.
2. Check your Spam folder. In rare cases our e-mail may end up there.
3. Even if you have not received our notification, you will find an open gallery in your account.
My application for the exhibition of works was rejected. Why?
We monitor the quality of the website content and carefully select partners for further work. Decisions on the quality of the proposed content are made individually and in some cases it is necessary to reject an application for the publication of works, if it does not comply with the conditions of the use of our service.
I have an art item and I’d like to sell it at auction. How can I send a request to the auction house?
Send us a request with a description of the item and its photos to the e-mail email@example.com We will make sure that Your request is sent to the experts of the auction house, which specializes in the sale of the relevant category of items.
Do I need to register to view what's up on auction?
No registration is required to view the auction lots.
Will the seller/buyer's privacy be protected?
Any confidential information, provided by you, is used only to make a contact with you in case of application or for transactions. No third parties have or can have an access to your data. Our service is absolutely secure for both sellers and buyers.
How can I participate in the auction?
First of all, you should register. After confirming your email address, enter your personal information in your user profile, such as your first name, last name, and mail address. Choose a lot from the upcoming auction and the maximum amount you want to place on it. After confirmation of your choice, we will send your application by e-mail to the appropriate auction house. If the auction house accepts a request, it will participate in the auction. You can view the current status of a stake at any time in your personal account in the "Stakes" section.
I’d like to read the terms of the auction. Where can I find them?
Auctions are performed by auction houses and each of the auction houses describes their terms of auction. You can see the texts in the auction catalog you are interested in, section "auction information":
1. Open the auction catalog you are interested in;
2. Under the catalog name, click on the section "auction information;
How to make a bid?
To place a bid, open the lot you are interested in, select the amount you are ready to pay for it in a special drop-down window and click "bid now", and confirm it in the next window. We will forward your bid to the auction house for review. You can see the current status of the bid in your personal account.
How to find out the auction results?
The results of the auction are published within a few days after the end of the auction. In the top menu of the site, find the tab "Auctions". Click on it and you will be on the auction catalog page, where you can easily find the category "Results". After opening it, select the desired auction from the list, enter and view the current status of the interested lot.
How do I pay for the won lots?
Each of the auction houses has its own payment policy for the won lots. All auction houses accept bank transfers, most of them accept credit card payments. In the near future you will find detailed information for each case in the section "auction information" on the page of the auction catalog and the lot.
How is the delivery of the won lots carried out?
Shipment of the won lot depends on its size. Small items can be delivered by post. Larger lots are sent by courier. Employees of the auction houses will offer you a wide range to choose from.
I have won an auction for the liked lot. Can I cancel the purchase?
Who are the artists on the VeryImportantLot?
Artists on our service is a collective concept by which you should understand the people who are professionally engaged in creation of works of art, for example, in the area of painting, graphics, sculpture, photography, etc.
How can I find out about additional costs such as shipping and framing?
Our galleries, dealers and artists are the best for estimation these costs. We recommend you to contact the sellers by clicking the "contact seller" / "contact artist" on the exhibit pages, specifying your preferred address for delivery and asking about the possible cost.
Can I agree on the price for the piece of art on VeryImportantLot ?
Depending on their policies, antique salons and art galleries may offer a discount and consider reasonable offers from collectors. We suggest you to ask the sellers whether the bargaining is appropriate.