"The River Tvertsa". L. Gagarin, 1939

"The River Tvertsa". L. Gagarin, 1939
oil on canvas, size 67 x 87
"Tvertsa river", 1939

Author: Gagarin Lidia (1902 – after 1984)

EXAMINATION OF THE STATE RUSSIAN MUSEUM

Russian Soviet painter and graphic artist, member of the Leningrad Union of artists.
He studied at the city art courses (since 1930 — the Stalingrad of the College of fine arts).
In 1928-1929 in Leningrad, worked in the artistic-pedagogical College.
In 1929 he enrolled in the painting Department of the Leningrad Vhuteina. Studied with M. bobyshov, R. Frentz, A. Goncharov.
In 1933 he graduated from the Institute, defended his thesis on the scenario of "the Front continues." Awarded the title of art Director.
Participated in exhibitions since 1925. A member and Exhibitor AHRR—AChRs. From 1938 member of the Leningrad Union of artists.
Wrote landscapes, portraits, genre paintings. In the war he was among the defenders of Leningrad, participated in the siege of exhibitions of Leningrad artists.
In the postwar years he worked in technique of oil and tempera painting, autolithographies, book illustrations.
Personal exhibitions of works in Leningrad in 1936, 1967 and 1969.
Works of Lidia Gagarina is located in the Russian Museum, in art museums and private collections in Russia and abroad.
AddressDanko Art GaleryPretchestenko Street 30/2119034 MoskowRussia
Contact details+79 2652-002 26
Conditions of purchase