Glass “Moscow Kremlin”
Glass “the Moscow Kremlin”(”Spasskaya tower”, “Spasskie Vorota”) No. 55
Engraving,niello. The mark 84 Russia, 1879 Height 4.5 cm
The Moscow Kremlin — a fortress in the center of Moscow and the oldest part (the first settlements on the territory of the Moscow Kremlin belong to the bronze age (II Millennium BC).), the main socio-political and historical-artistic complex of the city, the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation.

Located on the high left Bank of the Moscow river- Borovitsky hill at the confluence of the Neglinnaya river. In terms of the Kremlin — the wrong triangle area of 27.5 hectares (ha). The southern wall facing the Moscow river, North-West — the Alexander garden, East — to the red square.

Kremlin - the most famous landmark in Moscow, is listed in the UNESCO list of world heritage of UNESCO.

The official entrance to the Kremlin is through the Borovitsky gate, there is the main entrance - through the Spassky gate.

Spassky tower, part of architectural ensemble of Moscow Kremlin, built into the Eastern wall. The tower is famous for its chiming clock, and it is also the largest among 20 other towers of the Kremlin.

10-storey Spasskaya tower was built under Prince Ivan III by the Italian architect Pietro Solari. Because nearby was the Church of Frol and Lavr, not extant, it was originally the Spasskaya tower was called Frolovskaya. The exact date of completion of the Spasskaya Tower in 1491.

Just above the gate was a depiction of 2 image - Spas Smolensky adorned the entrance to the Kremlin in the early 16th century, and from the second half of the 17th century there appeared the image of the Saviour from the Kremlin. Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich by a special decree of 1658, the year was ordered to change the name of the Frolovsky gate to Spassky. This year is really the year of the assignment of the tower's new name - "Savior."

Spassky gate in the old days was truly an iconic place - they were considered Holy in the truest sense of the word. The male half of the population were required, passing through the Spassky gate, take off hats. If the caps for some reason refused to take off or forgot to do, needed to do penance. 50 prostrations. Also, the Spassky gate was the meeting place of the Moscow princes and their representatives with foreign ambassadors. And, of course, no Kremlin and the procession could not pass the Spassky gate, even the kings before the throne, is also passed through them.

With Spasskie gates and their sacred power is connected to an interesting story. It was in the war of 1812. At precisely the moment when French Emperor Napoleon capturing Moscow, decided to take the Spassky gate, cocked his heads were blown by the wind. His entourage regarded it as a bad sign, and as has long been known, the sign was justified. It is known and criminal decision of Napoleon on the explosion of the tower. The explosion was averted thanks to the timely rescue of the don Cossacks.

Until 1935 on top of the Spasskaya tower adorned with double-headed eagle.

In 1935 was established the famous five-pointed star, at first it was copper, covered with gold leaf and decorated with Ural semi-precious stones. The first version of Kremlin stars different from today's sizes she was not much more. Then the star faded, and is noticeably failing its the size the size of the tower. In 1937, the star was changed for the second time on ruby and never changed.
AddressРаритетЪKomsomolskaja, 8220029 MinskByelorussia
Contact details+375296066013+375447620508
Conditions of purchase